TULSA’S TOP DOCTORS + STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES =
THE BEST SURGICAL CARE IN THE AREA
Good medical care begins with good communication. The more engaged you are in your own health the better your healthcare. Get the most out of your doctor’s appointment by doing some preparation ahead of time.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If this is your first appointment, verify with the front office staff that we accept your insurance.
- When making the appointment provide a few details about your health concern so that a proper length of time can be scheduled.
- If it is your first visit gather information about diseases that run in your family.
- Make a list of your current and past health problems, prior surgeries and hospitalizations.
- Make a list of the medications you are taking (or bring in the bottles) including the amount and frequency for each prescription. Include over-the-counter drugs, as well as herbs, supplements and vitamins.
- Consider bringing a friend or relative to the appointment to make notes and help you remember details of what you discussed with your doctor.
- Make notes about your symptoms or health concerns ahead of time so you remember them at your appointment.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Your insurance card(s)
- Your medication list
- Your list of hospitalizations and medical history
- Notes about your health concerns
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Explain your symptoms or health concerns.
- Discuss your relevant health history, and the list of medications that you take.
- Don’t hold back information and don’t be embarrassed. Your physician has heard it all.
- Don’t forget about your emotional health; it influences your physical health.
- Your health is worth your physician’s time. Repeat what the physician has told you to be sure you understand. Ask for clarification if needed.